When REACH is a European Union regulation concerning the registration, evaluation, authorization and restriction of chemicals, which entered into force on 1 June 2007 and replaces a number of European Directives and Regulations.
The REACH Regulation has several objectives:
• Better protection of health and the environment from the use of chemicals.
• better education and more responsibility on manufacturers and importers of chemicals, given the benefits associated with the use of threats.
• free circulation of substances on the EU market.
• more innovation and greater competitiveness of the European chemical industry.
• greater promotion of alternative methods for the assessment of hazardous properties of substances eg quantitative structure-activity relationships (QSAR) and read-across approaches.
For more information:
• The guidelines of the European Chemicals Agency (EC / ECHA) REACH: http://www.hse.gov.uk/reach/guidance.htm
• REACH Bitesize brochures: http://www.hse.gov .uk / reach / bitesize.htm
• Handling of REACH Greenpeace: http://www.greenpeace.org/eu-unit/Global/eu-unit/reports-briefings/2009/3/navigating-reach.pdf
Guidelines of the European Chemicals Agency (ECHA)
With the principles laid down here guidelines, the implementation of REACH, CLP and the regulation on biocidal products should be simplified by proven methods are declared to meet the established therein duties,
which were developed together with numerous representatives of industry, Member States and NGOs. http: / /echa.europa.eu/support/guidance
SIGNS: International Sustainability guideline for compliance with norms and standards
The information is available as a Web resource available online: The tool is intended to provide you with important information about the rules and standards for textiles in Europe and around the world http://signs.europeanoutdoorgroup.com
RSL: List of restricted substances usable on the AAFA
The list of restricted substances usable (RSL) in clothing, footwear, travel accessories, home textiles and other fashion accessories regularly by the US textile and footwear association, AAFA, updated.
On this list all substances are listed, their use to larger production or sales markets is restricted by law. About the RSL can chemicals by categories such as name, CAS registry number, country, regulation, or other factors can be filtered, sorted or searched.