On Tuesday 14th July, we held our Summer Meeting and an Extraordinary Assembly. Here are the key outputs from that event:
- Rolf Schmid (President) and Bernd Kullmann (Vice-President) stepped down with immediate effect following faster progress in achieving the key objectives they agreed ahead of the transition to a new leadership team. The EOG paid tribute to both men with presentations and a standing ovation during the meeting.
- John Jansen of Keen Europe elected new EOG President and Jean-Marc Pambet of Salomon appointed Vice President.
- Three new board members elected: Rainer Angstl of Sport Schuster, the first EOG retail member to be elected; Antje von Dewitz of Vaude; and Stefan Merkt of the Mammut Group.
- The EOG welcomed two more new members from the retail sector – AS Adventure Group BV and Globetrotter.
- The meeting was given updates on progress being made with two major EOG projects: State of Trade 2014, the flagship market research programme; ‘It’s Great Out There’ – a new initiative to promote outdoor participation to the general public, being launched during OutDoor. Separate press releases on both subjects are available from the OutDoor press office or by sending an email request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Those news items will also feature on this website soon.
- The EOG has been confirmed as an official partner of the first European Week of Sport (http://ec.europa.eu/sport/week), which will run from 7-13 September. Outdoor will be one of four key focus topics during the week and Austrian mountaineer Gerlinde Kaltenbrunner has been appointed as an official EWoS Ambassador, alongside footballers Clarence Seedorf and Steven Gerrard and Olympic medal winning skeet shooter Danka Barteková.
- Other highlights during the EOG Summer Meeting were keynote speaker Alan AtKisson, a world renowned expert on sustainability and its role in business, and an update from Outdoor Industries Association chief executive Andrew Denton on plans for the 2015 European Outdoor Summit in Sheffield.