About the Role:
We are looking to recruit an Ethical Compliance Coordinator to join our Production and Sourcing Team. This is a new role that we are introducing to the business to support us to deliver our CSR commitments to ethical trade. This role will report to the Head of Production and Sourcing and will work closely with our CSR Manager and factories to ensure our ethical compliance commitments are delivered. The ideal candidate will need to have experience of working in ethical compliance within production and sourcing. They will be passionate aboutCSR and ethical compliance, and have fantastic communication and organisational skills.
The Ethical Compliance Coordinator will be responsible for:
• Leading the organisation of all social ethical audits and providing support on tracking environmental, health and safety, and technical audits.
• Following up the audits in full and in a timely and accurate manner.
• Organising an annual plan of social and technical audits worldwide.
• Reading and reviewing factory audit reports in depth playing a key role in supporting factories with remediation guidance and support when needed.
• Tracking factory audit outcomes and working with the factories to achieve progress.
• Liaising with third parties to maintain strong H&S standards in Montane manufacturing partners.
• Working closely with other brands on CAP’s (Corrective Action Plans) through the Fair Wear Foundation.
• Manage factory social certification standards, such as ISO accreditation, SA 8000, environmental management systems, BSCI, Better Work Group, WRAP – any non- audit related certificates and validity of these certificates.
• Supporting on the development and delivery of the Fair Wear Foundation Work Plan, Social Report and Brand Performance Check.
• Reporting on ad hoc social issues that develop either in country of manufacture or in a specific factory environment.
• Manage the complaints procedure through the Fear Wear Foundation and support on remedial action.
• Support with on boarding new suppliers and new countries in accordance with the Fair Wear Foundation Code of Conduct.
• Develop a system of grading manufacturers against the Fair Wear Foundation Code of Conduct.
• Keep supplier records up to date.
Skills and Experience:
The successful candidate will ideally have:
• At least 2 years’ experience in CSR or ethical compliance in a production and manufacturing businesses.
• A strong knowledge and passion for corporate social responsibility and sustainability.
• Experience with social and ethical audits.
• Strong communication skills both verbal and written.
• The ability to work cross functionally and manage key stakeholders both internally and externally.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Ability to work with vendors in different locations and time zones.
• Ability to compile informative, to the point, reporting for factory assessment.
• Experience of working within fashion/apparel would be advantageous but not essential.
• Experience working with Fear Wear Foundation or HQTS would be advantageous but not essential.
• Friendly and Supportive Team
• Employer Pension Contributions
• Work From Home Days
• Core hours and flexible start and finish times
• Early Friday Finish
• Employee Discounts
• Competitive Salary
About Montane Ltd:
Montane is one of the fastest growing premium outdoor brands in Europe. We specialise in creating technical clothing, backpacks and accessories for fast-paced mountain sports, where design and performance are of the highest quality. We have a friendly, dynamic and ambitious team motivated by a love of the mountains and with a passion for producing exceptional products in line with our ‘Further. Faster.’ brand vision. We are represented in many territories around the world and have a head office in Northumberland and a showroom in the Lake District.
Salary: Competitive, dependent on experience.
Contract: Full Time , Permanent Role.
Apply by submitting a CV and covering letter to Recruitment@Montane.com
Closing date for applications: 15th July.
Please Note: If a good volume of suitable applicants are received, this vacancy might close before the date advertised, therefore please apply as soon as possible if you are interested in the role.
Apply by submitting a CV and covering letter to Recruitment@Montane.comApply now