About the Role:
We are looking to recruit an experienced Quality Control Manager to join our Supply Chain Team. This is a new role that we are introducing to the business. This role reports to the Head of Production and Sourcing and will work closely with the Product Development, Design and Supply Chain teams to ensure that all products meet quality, performance and safety standards. The Quality Control Manager will also work closely with our wholesale customers to ensure the final products meet their needs and requirements. They will be responsible for Line Management of the Quality Control Inspector. The ideal candidate will need to have experience of managing and delivering quality requirements in apparel manufacturing. They will be passionate about quality and product compliance, have an exceptional attention to detail, be highly organised and able to work at a fast pace to multiple deadlines.
The Quality Control Manager will be responsible for:
• Implementing, managing, and maintaining inspection schedules that ensure both business and industry standards are met.
• Managing the Quality Control Inspectors workflow and inspection schedule, in conjunction with stock deliveries.
• Collaborating with the Warehouse Manager to ensure that access to stock is available to conduct the necessary inspections.
• Managing the analysis of samples for quality, durability, safety before each stage of production.
• Creating industry standard inspection reporting templates which identify any issues with bulk products to suppliers, recommending improvements and following up where necessary.
• Notifying the Garment and Product Technologists of any changes to product specification.
• Ensuring that suppliers receive inspection reports in a timely manner, allowing for any updates/improvements to be implemented for upcoming production runs.
• Organising and overseeing rectification and reprocessing work as required, using external contacts and working to cause minimal disruption to customer orders.
• Setting quality standards, providing input for the company supplier manual, and proactively and diligently enforcing the standards with suppliers.
• Escalating any non-compliances and quality issues to the relevant teams, customers and suppliers.
• Building and establishing good working relationships with the company’s supply chain through regular correspondence for quality improvement.
• Organising and managing supplier production inspections, providing product specifications and changes to the instructed QC party ahead of inspections.
• Conducting the analysis of inspection reports to determine if product is fit for purpose to ship.
• Recording and tracking of all in house and supplier inspections for easy look-up across the company.
• Tracking and following up on requested Top of Productions on a seasonal basis.
• Working with customer returns and repairs, helping to resolve issues quickly and implementing changes with the supplier for future production runs.
• Keeping up to date with industry and product standards and compliance.
Skills and Experience:
The successful candidate will ideally have:
• Experience working in Quality Control Management in apparel production and manufacturing businesses.
• Good understanding of product development, production, and distribution processes.
• Experience of implementing effective quality control processes.
• Experience of working with factories and suppliers in the Far East and experience of reviewing quality inspection processes at factory sites.
• Strong professional skills in communication, attention to detail, organisation, deadline management.
• Good analytical and problem solving skills.
• Knowledge of international quality and safety requirements for EU and US markets.
• Proven success in managing, coaching and developing others.
• Adobe Illustrator and Microsoft office competency.
• Friendly and Supportive Team
• Employer Pension Contributions
• Work From Home Days
• Early Friday Finish
• Employee Discounts
• Competitive Salary
About Montane Ltd:
Montane is one of the fastest growing premium outdoor brands in Europe. We specialise in creating technical clothing, backpacks and accessories for fast-paced mountain sports, where design and performance are of the highest quality. We have a friendly, dynamic and ambitiousteam motivated by a love of the mountains and with a passion for producing exceptional products in line with our ‘Further. Faster.’ brand vision. We are represented in many territories around the world and have a head office in Northumberland and a showroom in the Lake District.
Location: Ashington, Northumberland. UK
Salary: Competitive, dependent on experience.
Contract: Full Time , Permanent Role.
Apply by submitting a CV and covering letter to Recruitment@Montane.com
Closing date for applications: 15th JULY
Apply by submitting a CV and covering letter to Recruitment@Montane.comApply now