Gill has grown for over 40 years into an established quality technical apparel brand, serving sailors across the sport from grass roots to professionals, and from Dinghy to Ocean Sailing. We design everything by listening to sailors and their needs, and we test everything both in our lab and on the water to make sure our kit delivers. Distributed around the world to 41 countries and more recently through a global Ecommerce platform.
Reporting to: Country Sales Manager
Responsible for: Development of our existing regional accounts and opening new business opportunities
Extras: Car allowance & expenses, laptop & phone
As Regional Sales Executive for the Southern German and Alpine Region, you will be responsible for the brands existing wholesale customer base, made up of Marine Speciality, Paddle Sport, Outdoor and Commercial accounts, as-well as seeking out and actively opening new business opportunities. Whilst previous experience of selling to the Marine andOutdoor retail sector would be helpful, tenacity and a flair for selling are the key attributes we are looking for.
The brand has an excellent reputation across the Marine and Watersports sector for quality service and customer support, along with an established client list of partnerships to maintain and build upon.
Responsibilities include (but not exclusively):
- Manage and grow our existing retailer account base through regular customer visits and virtual contact.
- Manage and develop the brands key corporate partnerships in theSouthern region.
- Actively seek out new business opportunities whilst managing relationships.
- Complete sales cycles to ensure the forward order book is built on a seasonal basis.
- Work with the internal sales support team to ensure a gold standard of customer service is delivered.
- Support the forecasting process and stock strategies required to support growth plans.
- Work collaboratively with the marketing team to develop brand strategies and content to further develop the sector and brand presence
- Attend various events and trade exhibitions promoting the Gill business development
- An ability to communicate at all levels, be it with large multiples, independent retailers and corporate buyers from different retail channels.
- Input in to product development process to steer and identify new product opportunities
- Work with the broader sales teams to align on best practice and range requirements.
- Daily, weekly and monthly planning and reporting to the Country Manager.
- Input into sales assets such as digital assets, catalogues and buyer’s guides.
- Being a strong advocate of the Gill brand
- A willingness to challenge yourself and grow in a fast moving, market leading business.
Attributes - Essential:
- A tenacious work ethic, enjoy a challenge, with a winning attitude
- A flair for sales with the ability to see a deal through from enquiry to completion
- Ability to work as part of a high functioning team, as well as on your own initiative
- A sales background
- An eye for detail, good at planning and organised.
- Clear communication skills, verbal and written
- Ability to carry out product presentations in showroom, client offices and/or virtually
- General IT literacy with good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Proactive, self-motivated and enthusiastic
- Excellent attention to detail
- Integrity and professionalism
- Highly organised
- Flexible approach to work
- Personable and articulate
Attributes – Desirable (none essential):
- Experience of selling within the Marine, Outdoor, performance sportswear or lifestyle apparel channels.
- Contacts within the Outdoor, Sailing, Marine and associated corporate sectors
- Minimum 40 hours a week
- This is a remote role and working environment, with travel required
- Work additional hours as and when required to include some evenings and weekends
- Be part of a high performing team, challenging the status quo for continuous improvement
- Training on software and other techniques will be provided as required
- Take personal responsibility and accountability.
- Behave with integrity and professionalism at all times
- Build medium to long term plans that will help deliver growth the business
- Achievement of monthly and annual sales targets
- Regular monthly reporting
- Working to fixed deadlines
- Growing and developing a stronger presence for the brand in the sector
To submit your C.V for this role please send along with a covering letter email@example.com