OutDoor by ISPO Retail specific agenda content
The EOG and the team at ISPO are in the process of creating a very unique OutDoor by ISPO. One of the key features of this event is a dedicated conference that aims to bring everyone together to discuss some of the key topics in our industry.
We have dedicated a significant amount of time and resources to plan and develop content with retailers and for retailers. We can only move the industry forward if we all move together, and that means our retail partners must be an integral part of the conversation.
We have worked with many of partners to gather speakers, presenters, topics, and material to cover topics unique to outdoor retail, and as such, we are asking retailers to show up and actively participate. We want this event to not just present the problems or issues but to allow us, collectively, as the outdoor industry to discuss, explore and proactively find solutions to important questions.
How are some retailers (both online and brick & mortar) emerging from the pandemic stronger and ready for what is next?
How has the consumer changed, and what trends can retailers expect in a post-COVID world?
What does CSR look like in a retail setting and how can retailers get involved?
A preview of the conference agenda topics (many confirmed) directly focused on retailers:
Post-COVID Consumer Trends and Retail:
- Case study & presentation: Successful independent brick & mortar retail, even during pandemic. We look at specific case studies, present exactly how they did it, and provide ways you can do the same.
- Panel: The future of D2C vs MBR retail. A panel of experts to discuss what the future might look like for outdoor retail an invite you to get involved.
- Breakout session: The Future of Sports Retail in a Connected World
- ECD presents: How have consumer values changed as a result of the pandemic and what does that mean for the future? The pandemic has increased the rate of change and introduced all new elements for consumers and retailers to consider. Industry experts ECD present the latest findings.
- Breakout sessions: Market research around Post-COVID Consumer - !How will the way we live and make purchases change in the future?” The EOG and partners present the latest data and insights on consumer habits post-COVID, learn how will this directly affect retail, and how to respond to changes.
- Presentation and Panel: Deloitte presents market trends, and the EOG presents State of trade data for the European outdoor sector during and coming out of COVID
Retail and CSR:
- Workshop: Sustainability 101/bootcamp for retail. A practical, hands-on session explaining the essentials and structure of CSR specific to outdoor retailers both large and small.
- Breakout Session: Outdoor retail climate commitments currently underway
- Panel: Single Use Plastics Project: next steps, retail. We invite retailers to learn more about this incredibly insightful programme and explain the next steps and how you can get involved.
- Panel: Retail Meets Brand - The Value of Aligned Sustainability Communication. A dialog around harmonising the communication, certifications, and acronyms in product sustainability.
- Workshop: Retail & Sustainability, a special issue deep dive from Suston Magazine.
- Presentation: UNFCCC's COP 26 Race to Zero: The Retail Campaign. Find out more about this UN campaign and how retailers of all sizes can get involved.
Find out more about this year's event at OutDoor by ISPO
A single sheet version of this information for retailers can be downloaded below in English and German and be shared with retail contacts.
For more information contact the EOG on firstname.lastname@example.org