The European Outdoor Group (EOG) and the It’s Great Out There Coalition (IGOT) are seeking interest from the outdoor community to be part of an exciting syndicate (cost sharing) study focusing on outdoor sport activities across Europe.
In June 2020 the European Outdoor Group and the It’s Great Out There Coalition jointly published the results of new research on consumer participation in outdoor activity.
The wide-ranging survey explored participation levels in different outdoor activities in detail and identified variations by country, age, gender, and other demographic measures. The research also explored the barriers that prevent people getting active in the outdoors and identified opportunities for overcoming those.
Now, two years later, we are looking to repeat the study to find out if the Covid pandemic had a lasting impact on participation in outdoor activity.
The 2022 study will focus on several key metrics including:
· Participation levels in outdoor activities - walking, running, and hiking, urban, snow, water, cycling and mountain
· Leisure activities such as camping to understand trends in staycation during the pandemic and beyond
· Outdoor activity trends, with trend analysis compared to 2020 findings in six European countries UK, France, Germany, Spain, Italy, Poland, Sweden
· An additional country will be added to support the host country of the European Week of Sport 2022 – Czech Republic
· Tracking behaviours and motivations post pandemic
· Barriers that prevent people getting active in the outdoors
· Opportunities for overcoming those barriers
· Data will be available to analyse by a range of demographics, including age, gender, income brackets and family structure
Download the pdf below for more information and if you require further details please contact Pauline and/or Margo by email or meet in person at OutDoor by ISPO.